Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Saturday, January 14, 2012

LIFE Ins't Fair! Throw a Temper Tantrum!

Imagine a 2 year throwing a temper tantrum.  Come on, you know you have seen or been part of one in your life!  It turns on like a faucet and turns off just as quick.  In fact, when it's done, they are back to their sweet self and you stop and think, "What just happened and where did this kid come from"?  Call it schizophrenia if you will, it is seriously that quick.  

I equate the temper tantrum to tsunami!  The giant waves of destruction start quickly and before you know it you are left in the wake of destruction and shaking your head in wonder, if you are lucky enough to survive!  

There are so many theories on how to deal with a tantrum, you have to think, does anyone really know what they are talking about?  They don't know my little natural disaster!  It may have worked for them, but they really need to see this to believe it!

When wanting something as simple as a crayon can trigger the event, you have to wonder how we all have survived these to be the patient, caring and loving people we are today?  Don't you?

We have to learn lessons along the way and curb that emotional tug of war going on inside us.  Does it always work? No!  But, more often than not, when we learn how to stare down our emotions, we can control them and hope and pray that we don't stomp on them too much and still grow into a loving and compassionate adult. 

Let's face it, Life is CHALLENGING!  Yeah, a good tantrum would feel great right about now, but will it help?  This week, I was told that two of my immediate family members have a mass on some internal organ or another.  In the case of my mother, she has one on her parathyroid and in the case of my brother, he has a mass on his kidney.  My mother is awaiting a doctor visit, while my brother has to have his removed in a couple of weeks and it is cancerous.  I will pray for them and ask that everyone join me in a giant prayer chain.  Faith really does get you over the hump!

For just today,  I feel like having a 2 year old's temper tantrum.  But, I think that I will just be thankful for the day!  Life is not FAIR! I just want to cry.  But, I am willing to share my crayon with GOD and let him draw on my life the way he will.  I have to accept that, with or without the temper tantrum, he will draw a beautiful picture on my heart and give me the strength to understand.  

However, tomorrow, when Mariah is having her temper tantrums, do you think anyone will notice if I join her for just one of them?  I want to run through the house screaming and throw myself on the floor and cry, cry, cry!  I promise when I get up I will be a different person :)

Love you Mom and Tony.  No matter what life has done to us, it does not have to power to take away LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment