Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Grateful for Sweetness In the 365 Days of Me!

In the past months, I have been on a journey of gratitude. I have been learning and growing from this awesome experience. As I set forth in a daily routine of recognizing things that I am grateful for, I have been led to a different journey called awareness. After all, you must be aware of your surroundings and feel them, to experience the gratitude of it all. Being aware has led to some astonishing revelations!

First, I marvel at my grand daughter, of course I am grateful for her in my life, but I am truly amazed at the amount of love that is born into her. From the instinct of loving the person(s) who brought you into the world to everything that is new.

She hugs and kisses everything, even the vacuum that she fears the most. She has respect enough for the vacuum to know its place and be sure its there from time to time. When she opens the closet door to be sure it is resting, she is quick to give it a hug and kiss too. Or the phone, she hugs and kisses it along with the iPad. I have even seen her lay on the floor spread out and kissing the floor. As I watch her, I laugh, but I can't believe all the things that she shows gratitude for, just because they are new and exciting to her.

When you think about the things that you are grateful for, they don't have to be big things, in fact it is the little things that we rarely notice that are the most significant in our lives, yet we don't notice them enough.

So, today, on my 4th day of the "365 days of me" it is yet another excuse to be grateful for something, so I choose to be grateful for the carpet! Yep! I know it sounds weird right? But, the carpet is so many things to us all. It quiets the echos in your home. It offers a cushioned landing for all the things that we hate to drop. It makes for warmth under your feet. BUT, what I am grateful for most of all, is that it is a comfortable place to sit or lay so we can enjoy coloring or playing with our favorite little ones that we cherish the most.

It seems that little Mariah has been an excellent teacher in the art of Gratitude. Someone we could all take lessons from! So here's to all the things that bring Sweetness into your life! I hope they bring you peace and comfort and gratitude!

No comments:

Post a Comment