Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Being the Change!

I attended a phenomenal event yesterday,TEDxSunRiver.  It was one I went into with absolutely no expectations.  But when I left, I was lifted, inspired and even moved emotionally to tears.

There were so many speakers, so many messages and yet the one theme that rang through the voices was that being the change begins with YOU!

When this beautiful 15 year old, Emily Lopez, stood up and gave a talk about igniting a SPARK within.  I was touched.  We all have a flame of passion that burns inside us, but may not realize it.  What sparks your passions, what are you passions and what do you do with them?  Do you share them, do you stand up for them, do you rise with them?

I had no idea what my passion was.  I have always been taught that I must have passion for my work, or it is meaningless.  However, what does that mean?

In the last two months, the message about passion has been being drilled into my cranium! From a very moving speech by the National Association of Realtors President who came to little old St. George to share one of his passions, supporting RPAC, to this TEDxSunRiver event that was mind altering and life changing.

So, what have I decided is my passion?  Well, I feel as though I am on the verge of that.  I have so many things going through my mind.  The one thing I know today, is I live with integrity and teach it daily in my actions.  Now I need to apply it to something that is meaningful and empowering and something that fills my heart with the passion and drive to become something more that I have been in the past, someone of excellence!

As Emily Lopez shared her inspirational message of SPARK, she also mentioned the struggle that she had to overcome to make this video.  The many people she invited to the park to film this video with her, of all of those that she touched while sharing the message, none of them showed up.  So, instead, she turned this moment of spark into a flame as she engaged the people that were in the park that day to share their voice!

It never ceases to amaze me, that the greatest people have made so many plans, yet it is within moments of impending failure that they rise above it all and create something more than they could have imagined themselves!

Thank you to the youth of the world who are finding their voice and their spark!  I know we are leaving our world in the most capable hands possible for our time!


No comments:

Post a Comment