Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

I Found My Chin!

For years, my DOUBLE chin has been haunting me.  In the past, when I looked in the mirror, I could see nothing from the neck down!  Being overweight, I didn't pay attention, thinking that in the public eye, all they saw was my face! WRONG!  What was I thinking?

Of course they see the entire picture.  The one that I block out daily.  Recently, after some frightening tests, my Doctor said, "You need to lose weight and get some exercise in order to avoid Diabetes, you are right on the borderline and you need to change your habits!"   

On the other end of that phone call, I was feeling punished.  Had he done that to me? NO, I did it to myself.
So, I made a change that is changing my life every day! 

I have always had a love affair with food.  Every taste of a meal reminds me of something wonderful and good in my life.  So, I equate food with good feelings and who wants to curb good feelings.  Isn't that what we strive for every day?  

Today, 8 weeks later and 22 pounds lighter, I am starting to see some good feelings on my face.  I looked in the mirror this morning and I could see a chin!  I have a different outlook on things and feel as though I can do this.  

With more energy, better food choices and a desire to live again, I am going forward.  I helps that I am in a little contest at work with others to help our office get more healthy!  I love this journey so far, even though I know it will get harder, but I am on the right path!


I am looking to the lighter side of food and starting to make good memories with it, so that I can replace the other good feelings with even better ones!



No comments:

Post a Comment