Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day!

First, I want to say Happy Father's Day to all!  Anyone who steps up to the plate and is a real Dad in a young person's life, is worthy of honor today.  It takes all kinds of people.  Some are single mother's taking on both roles, some are Dad's that came into a child's life long after they were born, but take the role seriously and provide stability and love.  To all, you deserve acknowledgement.

My father is no longer here, he resides in Heaven.  I miss him every day.  I Thank God for his presence in my life for all the wonderful years that I got to share with him.  He was funny, he was sweet, he great big arms to hold you tight and hands that were so large, when he held yours, you knew the world was going to be alright.  Those are the physical things that he gave to me.  But the gifts he left for me were much bigger than all of that.

He left me humor, so that I may carry on in his tradition of making people smile.  He left me fairness, so that I may know how to treat people.  He left me understanding, so that I may have a sympathetic ear and always make people feel as though they can be heard.  He left me acceptance, that I may drive down the street and feel as though I could wave at anyone and everyone, without exception, and make them my friend.  He left me a sensitive heart, so that I can feel for those I do not even know.  He left me gentleness, so that I may appreciate little children.

These are little gifts.  Over the years since he has been gone, I have found so many more gifts that he left for me, planted deep in my soul, that I could write this blog forever and there still wouldn't be enough room to put it all down.

May your time with your Dad be special and may you treasure your memories for life!  Happy Father's Day!



Hiram Wilson Brayton
You will forever be missed!
I love you with all my heart Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment