Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Friday, December 9, 2011

I Love Cookies!


I must confess, whenever I think of Christmas, I am instantly reminded of my childhood. There were cookies everywhere throughout the holiday season. It all began one day at the beginning of December when my Mother and Grandmother would gather in our kitchen. This was an instance of the more cooks in the kitchen, the better!

Thier book of recipes came out and the baking began. There was no counter tops that were safe. It was like a cookie marathon but without the finish line, it was only ended by who could either eat the last cookie or fell down from cookie exhaustion first!

Once they were baked, they were prominently displayed on a table in the corner of the dining room or kitchen (depending on where we lived) and picked at for the coming days and weeks. Friends of mine would come to my house just to have some of those delicious favorites.

I loved them all, Ewans, Canolis, Pizzelles, Snowballs, Peanut Butter, Snicker Doodles, Fudge, No Bake Cookies and so many more, it was not only a frenzy for the belly, but a feast for the eyes!

We tried them different ways, with anise, with rum, with fruit and more. If you could dream it, I am sure we made it :)

I don't know where, along the way, we slowed down making cookies. I really do miss it. Nowadays, I make my own assortment a little closer to Christmas that includes some of my husband's favorites, my sons and my own. I am sure the recipe menu will change as Mariah gets a hold of certain ones that she loves too.

Here's to looking forward to many more cooking making years with my Grand Daughter! ONLY now I won't make her do the dishes! Thanks MOM! (Thank goodness for the dishwasher!)

No comments:

Post a Comment