Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Let Go of the Brake and GO FOR IT!


On the way to the office this morning, I came to a stop light behind this car that had an obvious Chicago Cubs fan inside. From the license plate to bumper stickers, it was obvious, this is a CUBS Fan! As I waited patiently for the light to turn green, I studied the car's messages and saw that it was a woman behind the wheel.

Just as the light turned green, I took my foot off the brake expecting to be accelerating, and we did, but extremely slowly and I noticed that she didn't even take a foot off the brake but somehow drove through the intersection. What amazed me is that she was accelerating to go, yet kept her foot planted on that brake....I uttered, admittedly loud, "Just take your foot off the brake already and GO"!

I was frustrated, as I am sure anyone behind her would be. I only had another 50 feet to go before I would turn into the parking lot, but my level of frustration rose to temperatures that I hadn't seen in a while. In the heat of that moment, I stopped to think to myself, why would someone do that?

I remember when I first learned to drive, boy it was drilled into my head NOT to ride the brake. I also remember thinking, what does that mean exactly? I have to go slow, therefore I brake, right? My mom or dad would always preach this lesson. I can hear their words resonating in my mind when I drive, to this day!

So, thinking about this, I thought, what type of life must that woman lead. Just when you should be putting your foot on the gas, you choose the brake. Not only do you choose the brake, but you choose to substitute the actual action of going forward with such caution that you go nowhere slowly! Sounds like a metaphor in there somewhere. Now you are thinking about that woman aren't you?

My thoughts are about her today too, I am only thinking compassionate things now. I am Thankful for learning how to take my foot off the brake and I am going to make sure that I teach Mariah to NOT ride the brake too! I want my voice to resonate in her mind every time she holds herself back and watch her accelerate to heights I could only dream of!

4 comments:

MyShareWon said...

Debbie this is great! I needed this today!

Debbh1 said...

Glad you enjoyed!

Unknown said...

This is awesome!! And how many times have I done this in my own life? Thx so much for sharing this experience. It something I will remember and can hear myself passing down to my own children and grandchildren during those special talks we have now and then. :)

Debbh1 said...

Thanks Tracie! It is funny, if we are open to it, just how much we can learn from life! I appreciate your comments.

Post a Comment